9.12.2007

Untitled

What kind of life is this
we get close
you reach out...
To hold me down!
You manipulate
and give false hope.
I can't take this anymore,
threw my cell phone to the floor
and cried
myself
to sleep

I ignore your calls
and my cell phone mocks me
daring me to answer
i refuse.

We have to change
we can't do this anymore
my heart is cracking
i'm trying to save it from shattering

i used to run to you for comfort
now its you causeing the pain
i dont know where to turn
you used me for your own gain
did you think it was all a game;
your cryptic e-mails words and looks?

you wielded a deadly weapon
wrapped up and disguised as friendship
worming its way deeper into my heart
like the sword of the wraith
only magic can save me now

the magic of friendship
for that can truly heal
its the coolest soothing salve
its the gentlest treatment
its the most rewarding gift
to give or to receive

And your trojan horse
that planned my destrustion
did not count on my allies'
fury and distain
of your barbarian tactics.

they surge around me,
a protective wall
in my time of weakness
inside there's comfort
outside there's your death

their fury at my attack
burns your trojan horse to the ground
and now
you
have
nothing

1 comment:

Bethany Joy said...

btw, person who this was about- you probably know who you are.
i'm not mad at you anymore.
i wrote this monday morning.

anyway, call me sometime, k?
~bethany