9.19.2007

Untitled 2

What have I done?
I fear my own actions-
Is it my fault?
Did I lead you on?

I never wanted to hurt you
That was farthest from my mind.
We were just friends-
I thought you were satisfied.

Just because we're girl and boy,
does that mean friendship holds no joy?
I thought it did, I reveled in it too.
Did you think there was more set aside for you?

You said you'd wait,
But who knows how long that will be
And your love could have turned to hate,
Your tenderness no longer for me.

You've always lifted me when i've been down,
you're a gem among sharp rocks,
anyone to replace you would never be found.
If I can't love you, will you leave- just like that?

I dont want to hurt you.
Please dont leave me.
I love you dearly,
My Best Friend.

1 comment:

weird_werewolf said...

Geez, this is a very honest poem. It brings this whole range of friendship issues to the center stage. Really good.