10.24.2007

Assignment 6: Poe and Fear EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

1. I do not like being frightened. I have a very healthy imagination and it can run away with me and I need someone to catch me (that like totally reminds me of the movie Dreamer... sorry- side tracked) to calm me down and turn on the light and show me the normal non threatening TV that is not a serial killer crouching in the dark. It is ok to be frightened in a movie when you aren't by yourself, and it’s ok to be frightened when you are with someone you'd trust with your life- like your dad.

2. What scares me? hm... spiders sometimes, but not as bad as Ron :P I get really creeped out when I’m the last person awake at night. I don’t want to turn off the light- as soon as I do all the furniture turns into scary stuff. To me all the tragedies that are happening every where are horrific. like seriously. really really hard to grapple/ come to terms with. And I’m WAY more scared about subtle possibilities than actual blood and gore.

3. A good definition for madness is when someone is no longer acting rationally. They may be able to think rationally, but that is not what is dictating their actions. Also, when someone may act relatively normally but things they say are universally nonsensical, I would have to claim that they were mad as well.

4. Anger is more than capable of driving people to madness. So is war. Politics. People go insane when they are in an extreme state that they can no longer control or they no longer have the will to control. It’s a lot like cells in hypertonic or hypotonic solutions. hyper: so much is going on inside their head that they can no longer control their actions. hypo: so much is going on outside of them, they can no longer control their environment and they withdraw inside themselves and ignore the world.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Sometimes a wild imagination can help you in both a good and bad way. Having an imagination that turns furniture into scary things at night can help with a good scary story.
Spiders are scary, creapy, annoying little creatures. Who is Ron and why is he scary?

.//blog said...

Ron? Ron Weasley?
why?
I agree vith what drives people insane, but arn't we all irational.

Bethany Joy said...

lol about ron guys.
i mean i am frightened of spiders, but not as badly as Ron weasley is frightened of spiders :P.

wow.