10.11.2007

Short Story beginnings (assignment 5)

1. I slowly get out of the car and then get the flowers out of the back seat. The cold makes me move like an old man, but only little kids call me old. I shudder up the path, past other people's memories, I'm sure there are miles of stories behind each person here. Finally I arrive at my memory. And I lay down my blood red roses, and let the memories flood.

2. I watch the leaves blow past, tumbling and rolling, in tumbleweed fashion. The tree they came from shadows me as I stand still, reminiscing and regretting. This place, cold by nature, is colder still by fall. The dreary landscape is colorless like an old time photo, except for the bloody roses I placed on her blanket of dry brown grass.

3. coming soon :P

5 comments:

.//blog said...

1st
nice and unspecific

Michelle said...

I really like #2, it's very descriptive and it makes me want more! Yet, it also goes along with what your story says.

Nechuru said...

uh, whatever happened to the other one?

i...
liked it.


youre a much better writer than me.

weird_werewolf said...

I must be hallucinating. I thought before you posted the complete story, but now I can't find it. I hope it was deleted because the assignment turned out to be different from what you thought. Otherwise I will have to get tested for schizophrenia.

weird_werewolf said...

Hmm, it's really hard to choose which of those beginnings I like more. In the first passage it's easier to guess that the scene takes place at a graveyard (in the scond it's hinted at, but after all, a refrigerator is also cold by nature). Plus in the first beginning you first get the impression he's going on a date, thus the flowers, and feel chilly when you realize he's not. So I say #1 is better.