12.20.2007

Assignment MM3

#1
Some things that I found frustrating about the form were that you couldn't tell the audience what the actors were thinking. When I’m writing short stories there are always running commentaries of the characters' thoughts and feelings, which wouldn't ever be said out loud. The strengths in the form are that the dialog helps the story move along. Pleasant surprises I found were that its fun to write dialog. Unpleasant surprises; sometimes its hard to write believable dialog. I don’t think I ever will want to write more in this genre or its sister genres. It really cramps my style of including description and thoughts in the text. (108 words)

#2
I could write about things that happened to me in England. I could write about how guilty I felt when I changed the clock on Ms. Maggie’s Desk and made the sub let us go early. That’s like the worst thing I’ve ever done :P I could write about various experiences I’ve had at summer camps, I could write about skating at Grandmother and Granddad’s. I could write about the MS150 when Deanna and Ben and I helped out. If I could just write like twenty-one more words I would be finished. I don’t really have very many ideas, maybe something will happen over break. (105 words)

#3
be proud of your name
don’t date until your sophomore year of college
praise the Lord your God with all you’re heart soul mind and strength
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Be forgiving
Be caring
Be gentle
Quality over quantity with your friends
careful who you trust
Keep who you have a crush on to yourself or you’ll never hear the end of it
Make and be nice to your guy friends, but realize that you don’t ever need to be more than friends (again, until sophomore year of college)
Be joyful always
avoid quarrels
make peace
listen to me :P
(131 words)

7 comments:

.//blog said...

"praise the Lord your God with all you’re heart soul" NO

"in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Be forgiving
Be caring
Be gentle" NO

"listen to me" NO

Caro's Blog said...

A lot of adives for a ten year old kid. But good ones and all based on own experined, or not?

Michelle said...

1) Woohoo! Play writing is way to hard for us! YAY!

2) BLOODY HELL! WE'RE BRITISH! Anyway...write about that!

3) be proud of your name - You can be as angry at your name as you want!

don’t date until your sophomore year of college - not gonna happen girl, i started dating at the age of 12..sorry

praise the Lord your God with all you’re heart soul mind and strength - Is is normal to be God-fearing or God-hating? What if you don't believe?

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. - What if you aren't religious?

Be forgiving - Who can't be?

Be caring - No duh!

Be gentle - What if you are sadistic?

Quality over quantity with your friends - What if they go hand in hand?

careful who you trust - You never know who might be lerking behind your back, it may just be Severus Snape! ZOMG!

Keep who you have a crush on to yourself or you’ll never hear the end of it - Haven't we learned this from personal experience much?

Make and be nice to your guy friends, but realize that you don’t ever need to be more than friends (again, until sophomore year of college) - Act like one of the guys around the guys...but geesh...enough with the sophmore year of college, when you go into college you are likely to be with a guy already!

Be joyful always - Just like your name?

avoid quarrels - And I'm the one who says fight for yourself...hmm...oops...failed at that one...

make peace - With whom?

listen to me :P - uhh...not gonna happen...jkjk...I'll hear you, but that won't mean I have to listen to you! NYANYA!

Mr. Miles said...

"Keep who you have a crush on to yourself or you’ll never hear the end of it."

That's an eternal truth!

weird_werewolf said...

Erm...Sophomore year of college?! What if you never go to college? What if you're a genius and go to college at the age of 9? And why sophomore year? And what's the problem of dating earlier?! Overall, no offense, the rule is weird.
Oher than that - what if you aren't religious?

Bethany Joy said...

haha, I was looking back at this and michelle-->
"by sophomore year of college you will likely to be with a guy already"

bahahahahahahahahahahaha

i miss you :P
and obviously, that hasn't happened yet.
oh wait... it's still freshman year.
I'll let you know :P

Bethany Joy said...

one year later- still not with a guy, and I'm already over half way through my sophomore year. wow, i'm just too pro at following my own advice :P