1.07.2008

re: unexcitingly titled blog.

Only one guiding principal? I guess I would have to say, don’t compromise your values. As far as shaping my life, it why I haven’t dated yet, its why I don’t do everything my friends do, it’s why I’ve only seen one R rated movie, its why I am so involved in my church and my youth group, it’s why I don’t listen to music where there is a ton of swearing or is inappropriate, it’s why I try not to swear, it’s why I don’t diss my parents, and its why my friends trust me. It’s important to me because it’s who I am and what I know is right. I don’t try to impose my views on other people, a lot of my friends don’t have the same values as me and I don’t love them any less. But in order to remain me, I must not compromise what I know is true and right.

The only thing I can think of is the bridge collapse. But that didn’t really change the way I viewed the world, it only affected me because I freaked out and called like every one I knew trying to make sure they were ok. I guess it also made me see that we don’t know when it could end and we should be prepared. that was only 64 words so I need a few more. Am I there yet? Yup!

In 2008 I want to accomplish…better grades, better life, better relationship with this one friend who I have kind of neglected, I don’t really have any huge aspirations or resolutions. I want to have a good year. what will that consist of? I don’t know. I can’t wait to find out. Since this needs to be 100 words and I don’t actually have to stay on topic if I have nothing left to say, I want to say that my dog is the best in the whole world. No contest. Since that is still only 90 words, I am adding this sentence. Now I am at… 106. Go me!

5 comments:

Caro's Blog said...

It is good to get involved and help other people.
I agree with you in the fact that life is unexpected and can be over way to soon.

Michelle said...

...half of those I follow, and half I don't...That is kinda funny... I think you just barely made it... Am I the neglected friend? I just hope that I don't get hurt...You may have the best dog in the world...but my cat is the best for me! I love him! He is such the little trouble maker!

.//blog said...

I like the don't compromise principle. it's a lot like mine.

Mr. Miles said...

106 words . . . very impressive. :)

weird_werewolf said...

Hmph, everyone thinks their dog/cat/hamster/parakeet is the best in the world (unless it's a really monstrous animal, but even then, the fact that it's your pet partly makes up for that). So for me, my (paranoid, loud, mood-swinging) dog is the best. Heh.